When you think about plastic surgery and anti-aging treatments, you usually think of scalpels, surgery and needles, but you might overlook all the non-surgical face lift treatments available these days, like microdermabrasion.
Microdermabrasion isn’t as complicated as it sounds—the procedure is a nonsurgical treatment that can be done at multiple spas and facilities, including the top microdermabrasion spa in Toronto, Jiva Spa Toronto.
The procedure exfoliates the top layer of skin cells, known as the stratum corneum, and then vacuums the dead cells up. The result is softer, smoother skin.
Would you like to know more? Here are 15 fast facts about microdermabrasion.
1. Many people pick microdermabrasion over chemical peels and laser treatments. This is because it is more affordable, less risky and takes less time.
2. The microdermabrasion procedure was developed in 1985 in Italy.
3. Almost one million microdermabrasion procedures are performed each year.
4. The procedure is relatively painless. The most you will feel is a mild scratching on your face as the microdermabrasion wand passes over the area to be treated.
5. A microdermabrasion can benefit your whole body, not just your face. It is especially effective in clearing up acne on the back, including “backne” scars.
6. You can use microdermabrasion to treat stretch marks. Since stretch marks occur deeper in the dermis of the skin you may need multiple microdermabrasion treatments to reduce the effect, but over time you’ll see stretch marks fade.
7. Microdermabrasion helps your skin absorb more skin care items. It also helps makeup go on easier, thanks to the newly smooth skin surface that results after a treatment.
8. The best patients for a microdermabrasion treatment are between the ages of 30-55.
9. Around 5 to 10 microdermabrasion sessions are needed to complete a treatment, though you’ll generally see results after the first.
10. After each session, you’ll need to apply some high-grade moisture to the affected areas of the skin.
11. Microdermabrasion is an excellent way to reduce the size of pores and can help to unclog them.
12. A Microdermabrasion session won’t harm your skin. After you’re done, you might notice that your skin feels fragile, and there are some rare but mild side effects, but you shouldn’t feel any heavy pain or irritation.
13. The procedure literally involves diamonds being rubbed against your skin. A diamond microdermabrasion uses a diamond-tipped wand to scrape off the dead cells of your stratum corneum. A diamond microdermabrasion is considered the safest type of microdermabrasion, since it can be used around the facial features like the eyes and ears.
14. Microdermabrasions shouldn’t be done on patients with skin conditions. If you have psoriasis, herpes, open sores, eczema, fragile capillaries or even a sunburn, you may want to pick a different treatment.
15. A session can be done over your lunch break. Microdermabrasions on the face take about a half hour to complete. Other body parts such as your back, hands or feet, may take a little longer.
Contact Jiva Spa Toronto
If you’re looking to improve your skin, a microdermabrasion is one of the best treatments available.
It’s quick, relatively painless, and you can see the results in a reasonably quick period of time.
Would you like to know more?
Contact Jiva Spa Toronto.
Our microdermabrasion experts will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
390 Bloor St W,
Toronto, ON M5S 1X4
Jiva Spa is a health and beauty spa, conveniently located in the heart of The Annex in Toronto. Specialising in anti-aging, acne, facials, aesthetics, and medi-spa services. Contact Jiva Spa.